Friday, January 28, 2011

Switching things up a bit

So I've decided to get back into blogging and adding my coupons tips, meal planning, recipes and other things as well.  I am hoping it will help others and help me stay on track as far as meal planning and grocery budget.

Last week I bought a pork shoulder and on Monday made Cynthia's Spicy Shredded Pork.  We all loved it.  The girls ate two tacos each!  M even asked for it again the next day so I obliged.  We still had plenty of shredded pork left so T and I had to figure out what to cook with it.  I thought of making brunswick stew.  I found this "Get A Husband Brunswick Stew" and decided to make it on Wednesday.  It came out yummy and reminded of being in a bbq restaurant in GA.  I loved that it made enough for T and I to have for lunch Thursday and Friday. 

I also bought a roaster chicken (b/c they were on sale for $0.99 a lb, we can get multiple meals we love chicken).  Thursday I made Roast Sticky Chicken-Rotisserie Style.  The directions say to cook it at 250 degrees for 5 hours but that doesn't work for me.  I leave it at 250 for 2 hours then cover the chicken with aluminum foil, turn the temp up to 350 and the chicken is done in about an hour.  We are eating at a friends house tonight so I don't have to cook.  Yay!  Tomorrow I will chop up some of the leftover chicken and either make Joanna's Chicken Tortilla Soup For the Crock-Pot or Chicken Enchiladas V.  I know we will still have some chicken leftover so on Sunday T will boil chicken and make his homemade chicken soup.  This one $7.77 chicken will feed us for about 4 days doing it this way.  Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment